Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Holiday At Hanoi

I’m back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok going to blog abt my Hanoi trip.

160409 to 170409 – Hanoi 3rd and 4th day @ Halong Bay
Took the mini bus to Halong Bay in the morning. The journey was abt 4+ hrs, kinda long. But it was all worth it coz Halong Bay is just so beautiful.

Reached the boat we were going to stay in and had our lunch. We had to share the table with an England couple and it was a bit weird as they spoke English and we spoke Chinese. And they seem to be in their own little world all the time. Haha. Make me miss my dear…

After lunch, we just sat at the uppest deck of the boat and enjoy the scenery and chatted. The scenery is really pretty. U can just admire the scenery and not talk. Took a lot of pictures of coz.

Then we went to visit the Amazing Cave. It was very cooling inside. The rocks and stuffs in the caves looks like ppl or animals and we just kept walking and walking. It was a nice experience.

After which we were back to the boat. Others went for kayak but the 3 of us just nuaed ard and I had a short sun tan. J Then we had dinner and there were seafood!!! Yummy~~~ After which we went for a shower and then time to nua again. Haha. Rested early tat nite coz there is nothing to do on boat and no scenery to see and everywhere is just darkness.

The next morning after breakfast, it’s time for nuaing again. Haha. While LK and YT were chatting, I sat at the front part of the boat and just admire the big wide ocean. It was so beautiful that I was just looking, enjoying the breeze for a long long time. It was sooooo peaceful there. (esp when compared to the noisy environment of Hanoi due to the nv ending horning of motorbike and cars.. I wonder if ppl living there will have hearing prob..)

Then it was time to go back to Hanoi. After checking in, we went for dinner at a western café. The food was nice and we just sat there chatted and relaxed. While on our way back to the hotel, we realized that there was this wkend market at the old quarters and thus gers being gers we went for shopping!!! I must say that the things there are cheap.

Wanted to blog in the hotel at night but the computer was DEAD. So sad. Can’t even log in.

180409 – Hanoi 5th day
It was our free and easy day til the night. We stayed in hotel to watch Korean drama. Can you believe it? Watch Korean drama in Hanoi? Haha. This is so funny. But well actually there were still a lot a lot of places in Hanoi we have yet to explore but we still end up staying in the hotel. Actually I have nv stayed in hotel for so long doing nothing, this is the first time. I would prefer to go out and explore every part of the place instead.

Had cup noodles for lunch. Then start packing, bathing and went for dinner at KFC. The chicken was not tat good. A bit too dry. Prefer Singapore one. But but but they have the bun!!! Wahahahaha.

Then we took a night train over to Sapa. It was the first time I stayed in an overnight train. The bed was not bad. As the room has 4 bed and there is onli 3 of us, another girl joined us. Guessed she travel alone and she was from Canada and she was born in HK~! But we din tok much though. Haha. I had quite a gd slp tat night.

190409 – 200409 – Hanoi 6th and 7th day @ Sapa
Reached Lao Cai Station early morning. The hotel picked us up and travel to Sapa. Had our breakfast at the hotel and then started our trekking.

It was quite an easy trekking. We just walked on the normal road. Visited the village of Black H’mong People (Cat Cat Village). The kids there were all so dirty as they just played with mud and stones. They are usually half naked showing their little butts. I was thinking will it be because they will just peed and pooed everywhere they go and thus if they wear pants, they will dirty them and need to send for washing? From what we have observed the ppl in that country dun really like to change, they wear the same clothes for a few days or even a wk.

Something interesting to note is tat when we leave our hotel, there were 3 H’mong people tagged with us and chatted with us. But as they haf limited English knowledge, the questions they asked are What is your name, How many siblings you have, how old are you, where are u from. And I really mean everyone of them ask the same old q. haha. And why do they tag along? That’s because they wanted to sell us their handicraft. That is how they earn a living. We had no choice but to buy something fr them as they walked for quite a distance and kept asking us to buy sumthing from them.

Our tour guide was a 19 year old pretty girl. She learned her English from tourists and I must say that her eng was not bad, very fluent. She said that she took 6 years to learn.

After trekking, we had our lunch at the hotel and then we walked ard in the market. Then we were back to hotel to nua again. After dinner we went for somemore shopping and ate some fruits. We did not explore the whole of Sapa town (we got to noe that when we leave sapa and passed by the other roads). If I’m with my other frens or lubby, I’m sure I will explore every little corner of the place. But anyway we had fun chatting in the room too.

The next day, after breakfast, we had our 2nd trekking. This trekking is a longer one which ended at abt 3pm. This time we trekked to villages of the H’mong and Dzay called Lao Chai and Ta Van. The road is tougher (we chose the easier route already, the harder one got to trek thru the paddy fields!) and although I was already wearing my trekking shoes, I almost slipped and fell a few times. Thank god that the H’mong ppl who tagged along held my hand tight!!! And that’s why I bought something from her to thank her in the end. The scenery there is also very beautiful. We had lunch at a mini café place and continued our trekking.

I must say that we are really fortunate to be able to live in a peaceful and civilized country. The villages we visited are so rundown and rural. They haf to plant their own crops, sew their own clothes etc. The living condition is bad and dirty too. We must really cherish everything we have.

Back to hotel and we went for herbal foot, head and back massage. It cost less than S$9 for an hr massage. It was good as we all felt better and less ache in our legs after the massage.

Had our dinner in the hotel and then back to the train station to go back to Hanoi. This time round our room mate was a Holland guy. It was kinda weird. We chatted while and yet still feeling awkward. Haha. Then I started to feel my throat to be in pain and couldn’t slp the whole night as I kept woken up by the pain.


210409 – Hanoi 8th day
Reached Hanoi at abt 5am and the hotel was closed!!! Rang the bell and knocked the gate and no1 ans! WTH. We sat outside and luckily sumone came down and open the gate. But I believe tat was some tourist staying in the hotel. The guy in charge of the hotel was still slping. We sat ard and onli managed to check in at abt 6+am.

Had breakfast and then walked ard. Did our pedi and manicure!! Finally. It was really cheap. I added some stones onto my nails and it onli cost me S$15 for all!!! It is so cheap. And it was quite good la. Though they dun seem to noe to draw a lot of patterns but overall it’s worth the money.

Went for lunch and some shopping. Wasn’t in a good shape as my throat was really pain and I felt tired and weak. Back at hotel and had a nap. Bathed and time to pack and check out for our flight.


Will upload photos into facebook after I got all the photos from LK and YT too. :)

Overall I had a lot of fun during this holiday. Though Hanoi is quite rundown and dusty and dirty, but it was really a good experience to make me cherish whateva I have. It was an experience to know how to cross the road filled with motorbike. And I must say that my travelmates are nice and fun to be with. Like what I told them, I have nv dislike a country I visit. If I do not like tat particular holiday, it would be due to the company I have. And YT and LK are really good company to be with. Hope we can still get to travel together again!!! Thanks for all the care and concern and fun you guys have brought me during this trip!!!

No comments: