Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, March 23, 2009

Why marriage?

Was chatting with my colleagues during lunch today. And we were on the topic of marriage. Then one of my male colleagues said that he wouldn’t want a wedding ceremony at all. It will be just ROM. Being a Christian, he can’t understand and feel the importance of church wedding, unlike another Christian girl-friend of mine. And his rationale is that ‘get it over and done with’. He also feel that marriage is just for the sake of getting together legally, and that’s all. And if he can, he wouldn’t even want to get married. Perhaps just go buy a private house with his gf and then live together. He even felt that we have to spend so much to get married and then next time might get divorce.

He is a typical example of why there are some people out there now who do not want to get married, or only get married at an older age.

Why is there marriage?

To some people, it might be to form a family and carry family line. To some others, it might be so that can buy HDB flats.

So are they really in love with their other half?

And some may say, if I really love my other half and he/she loves me too, we do not have to get married. We can just live together and we will still be happy. What’s there a need to get married?

So why get married? The marriage vow tells us the reason: To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part.

Husband and wife are not only couple, but also best friend, buddy, soul mate, bf/gf. And also part of your life. And husband and wife is supposed to be able to accomplish what is being mentioned in the marriage vow.

If there is no marriage, the couple do not need to promise to be there for each other under all circumstances til death. Of coz, there are cases where people get married and yet cannot fulfil these and thus a lot end up divorcing.

To me, I feel that if I’m so in love with this person, and if he is my bf cum buddy cum soul mate cum best friend, I will wanna be with him for every second and every mintue of my life, form a family with him, be with him no matter what happens. Make sure that I’m always there for him and he is always there for me. Be part of my life. And be part of me.

By taking this another step in life, I link myself with another guy from this world, bond myself with another family, and fit in into another social circle.

Not every guy can make a ger wants to be with him for the rest of her life. Not every ger can make a guy wants to spend his life with her.

And it’s even harder to be able to find a couple where they wanna be with each other til the end of time, under all circumstances.

Therefore, when u are able to find someone who wants to take care of you for life, and u are also feeling the same, pls don’t let him/her go. Cherish him/her and show the world that fairy tales do exist. :)

No comments: