Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What Matters Most In Life

Is HAPPINESS.

Are you happy now? If yes, congrats. If no, why? Can u find a solution to it? Can u try to change the situation and make urself happier?

From FB, MSN, chit chat sessions, I can see that my ex colleagues from NE are not happy. Well, we all noe tat we have not been happy since many mths back. But the situation has been getting worse for the past few mths, and ever since I left, it seems like it is getting even worse.

We all noe the reason. But we can't change the start of the problem. Because it has been fixed and we are not BIG enuff to change anything anyway.

So why did I leave my previous workplace? Well, wat I said in my interview is true. I wan a change in working environment. I love children and so I wanna do sumthing for them. I wanna contribute to another group of ppl in the society.

But on top of all these, it is because I can't stand the previous place.

I used to LOVE my previous job. And I really mean LOVE. I dun need to drag myself to work. I am happy at work. Even though I gotta work over the wkends, I was still happy and didn't really complain. Until the change.

Then I felt that I dragged myself to work everyday. I felt tat I am being controlled by those ppl up there. I felt tat I'm jsut a chess used by them. With the changes, I felt that I have to be a superwoman to be able to carry out those duties. And I dun feel any sense of belonging anymore.

When u can't feel the sense of belonging to a place, how can u actually work hard and make urself believe that u are happy in tat place? Since they dun appreciate wat we did, or I did, how do i bring myself to work for them?

Maybe we are just unlucky to be a stepping stone, and not being able to voice out our unhappiness etc.

And thus, since I can't change the problem or the situation, I move on and bring myself out of the problem.

I'm in my new job for the 4th week. Heard from my colleagues that they are 'overloaded' with work and everyone seem to work til quite late. But well, which job is so relax nowadays? Even cleaner aunties also gotta do so much more work than last time. But at least I am happy here. At least the ppl here are frenly. At least I feel a sense of belonging here. At least I have my own work station.

Though there is a pay cut, though I wun be able to get my full 13th mth bonus, though my march bonus will not be full amt too, but, can money buy me happiness.

Yes, maybe when I haf the bonus, I can get myself another LV bag like last year. Maybe I can save more for my hse and wedding. But will I be happy everyday in tat kinda working environment?

We work for at least 8 hrs daily. If we work at a place which we dun like, we will be upset for 1/3 of a day everyday! Is tat worth all the bonuses and etc? Well if you can tahan all the unhappiness and unfairness in order to get the $, then u can continue. But I cant. And thus Im out to sumwhere else.

Happiness is in our hands. We need to look for it. We need to fight for it. We need to make it happen.

So if u are unhappy now, think abt it, why is it so? is there anything u can do? And most importantly, do u want to be happy?

No comments: