Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ordering all the wrong food

On Tuesday after work, met Lubby for dinner.

Went to Old Airport Road Hawker to try out the famous and many-say-very-nice-and-worth-queing Lao Fu Zi Char Kway Tiao. It has been a long time since I last ate Char Kway Tiao and in my impression, the best Char Kway Tiao I have ever eaten is at Blk 18, opposite TJC. We used to go during JC years during lunch time. The que is always long and we always gotta wait for abt half an hr just for our plate of food. But it's worth the wait. It's so delicious that I can feel as if I'm eating now when I start thinking abt it. Oh there is a stall of Prawn cum pork ribs noodles there, also super nice. haha.

Anyway tried the Lao Fu Zi Char Kway Tiao and I'm disappointed. It's not very special. So little chinese dried sausages. It taste just normal. Not say not nice, but I dun think I will que again or even think of eating it again. Perhaps it's just not my type of Char Kway Tiao. Lubby ordered some western food. Black Pepper Chicken with potato salad with pasta. $5.50 only and it's nice! The black pepper sauce is yummy~~~~ But it's kinda hot. The hottness linger in your mouth and throat for quite some time. (Forgot to take photo of the black pepper chicken)

Then we went to look for my cinnamoroll from different mac and seems like they have changed to other toys alr (as per mentioned in one of my previous posts). We went to coffee bean for a drink and surf the net. Lubby asked me to get sunrise but when I was looking at the menu, I saw Mucho Mango. Being a mango lover, I so want to try the drink, even without knowing what the hell mucho is. (I tried surfing for an answer but wikipedia tells me tat Mucho (A lot) is the 9th album by Argentine rock group Babasónicos.) And since there is $1 off cakes, how can I miss?

Have a tiny sip of the Mucho Mango and almost puke on the spot. The taste is damn weird. (OMG, as I'm typing this, I remembered the taste and want to puke!!! Better stop thinking abt it..) And I just let the drink sit there and drink ice water instead. On the other hand, the chocolate cake is very nice. With bits of hazelnuts biscuit in the chocolate moouse and cake. yum yum~

Being too adventurous might end up wasting all food. Like the previous berried treasure I had, yucks! And now Mucho Mango. Maybe I shall just stick to some other normal drinks like sunrise, chocolate, vanilla huh..

No comments: