Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Bday Presents

I used to be the one who asked “hey XXX bday is coming. Wanna get present for him/her? Wanna have a celebration?”

Or I will make sumthing or buy sumthing on my own and give to the bday boy/ger, hoping that it will brighten his/her day.

But as time goes by, I realised that some ppl might not really appreciate what I have done.

I tot that by giving the bday boy/ger some little presents or celebration, he/she will be happy on him/her day, though I might not be of importance to him/her or I am not the main reason for him/her to be happy. Maybe what I have done is just nothing compare to his/her other frens.

But I tot I just wanna show my 心意 in one way or another.

However, I feel sad and disappointed when these ppl whom I have made gifts to or plan celebration for actually forgot my bday.

I do not really ask for any bday presents from this ppl. I just wish that I could at least receive an sms or wat from these frens to tell me happy birthday.

And especially with platforms like FB nowadays, ppl got reminded of one another’s bday. So what’s the reason for forgetting my bday. Especially when I can spend so much time doing a present for these frens. Well, maybe to them my presents are just rubbish which they dun even wan to receive in the first place.

It’s really sad to not get any greetings, or even belated greetings from frens who I feel that we are quite close. And instead surprisingly some frens whom I have less contact with will surprise me with greeting sms.

And now everytime when a fren’s bday is arriving, deep in my heart I still do wanna do sumthing for him/her. But sumtimes I just ask myself again, do I really wanna do it? When I might not be appreciated at all? When he/she wun even rem or bother to wish me happy birthday when it is my turn?

I think I will stop making/buying bday presents le.

So when ppl forget my bday, I might feel better.

2 comments:

eternal-east said...

do something tt makes you happy and independent of how ppl feels abt it...

CaroLIne said...

深受同感