Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Koi Cafe

Have heard abt how delicious their bubble teas are, have read on iwkly abt it too and since Lubby and I were ard AMK area yst, we (or rather I) decided to go and try it out.

Lubby is a milk tea lover and thus he ordered the Bubble Milk Tea. And when I was making the order, I was kinda surprised that we can still choose the sugar level. 100%, 70%, 50%, 25% or 0%. And Lubby chose the 100% sugar level (expected one..). He wanted a Large size one as he was really thirsty (I think?). It costs $3.50.
For myself, I ordered a Honey Black Tea. And I wanted to ask for less sugar but somehow the guy didn't ask me how much sugar level I want. Would it be the case that the sugar level is only applicable for milk tea? can't be right.. anyway the small honey black tea costs $2.40.

We usually see the guys from the bubble tea shop shaking the container for the bubble tea. But Koi does not do that. Instead they use machines to shake the tea! Cute!

After drinking the bubble tea, I can only say that they are really yummy!

The pearls that they use are the smaller ones and they are very gernerous with that. The pearls fill up to almost half the small cup. And the pearls are very very QQ, not like some other bubble tea where the pearls are so soft. But yet the pearls do not get stuck onto your teeth, so dun worry. And the they do not add ice into the tea, unlike some other bubble tea stall. According to Lubby, the milk tea is super milky and that is the reason why it is so yummy.

However, if you are very very full, do not buy a big cup coz after eating all the pearls, u will get even more full.

Though the bubble teas cost more than some other brands, but it's worth the money. I would rather spend a little more on this than those cheaper ones. :)

Koi Cafe are located at TPY. Marina PArade, Chinatown and AMK. I'm sorry that you will haf to search for the shops as I do not have the address. However, for TPY and AMK, the outlets are located at the TPY Central and AMK Town Centre.

Go try it if you have yet to~

7 comments:

shihui said...

i like Koi too! satisfy my taiwan cravings~

should try their Oolong Milk Tea! realli nice! Icecream Tea oso not too bad~

think their tea wif milk much nicer den w/o milk.

Gum said...

zeh i tried the koi at chinatown yesterday, nice! but too much and small is def enough, even for me, very easy to get sick of it. haha.

小秀秀 said...

SH: oh ok i shall try oolong milk tea next time..

KH: yes... too much le..

(T) (H) (B) said...

That's very ex for bubble tea. Smaller pearls are sold in Taiwan. Easy to swallow easy to overdose and easy to gain weight!

小秀秀 said...

yah but so far those who drank b4 also feel is as gd as tw's coz Koi Cafe is from TW.
Gain weight!? ok i better dun drink too often then.. haha

小秀秀 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Audrey Tan said...

You have chosen your choice of sugar level. You mention less sugar rite, is 70% sugar :)

By the way, I am KOI bubble tea lover too, always will buy it! Yummy!