Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, December 08, 2008

Happy Birthday to Mummy~

Todae is mummy's lunar birthday. My parents wanted a chinese restaurant for lunch and so I suggested Pu Tien at Tamp. I have been to the one at vivo food republic and I quite like their food. Kinda special... esp the lor mee. And since they wanted to go to Tamp as CH was supposed to go for chior at Pasir Ris in the morning, and Tamp is nearer and thus more convenient.

Lub Lub came to fetch us to Tamp. The food there is not bad and the service is quite good. We ordered a 4 platter (pork belly, duck, seaweed and pig stomach with 8 treasure), some deep fried fish, shark fin, fried oyster, steamed prawn with garlic, fried chicken, vege, sweet and sour pork, lor mee and dessert. And we have bought tropical mango cake from four leaves and we cut the cake after our lunch. The waitress there asked if we wanted them to sing birthday song for us and the daughter and sons just said yes yes!! hahaha... and then they gathered around our table and sang both chinese and english version. It was funny to see my mummy looking a bit embrassed and yet happy.

After lunch, Lub Lub drove Mummy, Grandma and me to my uncle's place to try on some winter coat. Daddy and Mummy saw the big coat I borrowed from LH and felt that it would not be enough for Korea (negative temp wor!) and said that I should get a down coat. Naj also mentioned before that I should get a good jacket and then will not have to worry about what to wear inside. So yah, checked with my aunty and so made our way down to try. But turn out that one was too small and the other not suitable for negative degree.

Grandma then decided that she wanna go down to Chinatown to buy cloth to make pants and thus Lub Lub drove us down. Then Lub Lub and I went to OG to look at the winter clothings and in the end we just got some heat pads. But Lub Lub managed to get some Christmas presents for his parents and himself. And then Daddy called to tell us that there is a cold wear shop at People's Park (I think?) and so we went to take a look. Bought a down jacket and a pair of gloves in the end. Spent $201.60! But well, as long as I maintain and keep my down jacket properly, and provided that I don't grow fatter and fatter, I can wear that down jacket for life! So now, with the down jacket and gloves and everything else, my parents and Lub Lub should not be as worried for me, I hope.

Then, Lub Lub drove us home. Mummy invited him to come up to eat mee sua with chicken soup and egg but he wanted to go home. However, Grandma said that he should come up to take a rest coz he has been driving the whole day! And I can see that Lub Lub is kinda tired too. So he agreed and rest a while and ate some mee sua before leaving for home.

Thanks Lub Lub for driving us all around SG. But I guessed it was a good chance for him and my family to interact more. And I hope that there will be more such chances to come and hopefully my family will accept him sooner. :)

No comments: