Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Back from Korea

Couldn’t remember exactly where I went for each of the days I was in Korea. I was not as hardworking as HX and LH who recorded down where they went everyday in sequence, as well as what they buy and how much they spent.

Anyways, it is a fruitful trip I would say. My tour group consisted of 27 people and most of the people are nice, except for the pinky family.

We went to Jeju Island after we touched down at Korea. Went to a few places like the Mysterious road and Seongup Fold Village where we met the 2second artist who acted in 大长金. Some of the places which I like are the Teddy Bear Museum and Seongsan Sunrise Peak. The Teddy Bear Museum has a lot a lot of teddy bears. We were kinda disappointed coz the famous LV bear was not wearing the expensive LV leather clothes and pants. Instead it is just wearing some casual clothes. And also we didn’t manage to find the 4.5mm bear. Perhaps it is too small for ‘blind’ people like us. Seongsan Sunrise Peak is a nice place with nice scenery. The wind there was quite strong and we were quite cold when we tried our best to take photos at that area. We also tried the abalone porridge. The abalone is different from the one we always eat during CNY. The abalone there is fresh and yummy~ hehe. And of coz there was shopping too where we visited the most popular shopping street in Jeju – TopDong street.

We then flew to Daegu where we visited Dongwahsa Temple and DongSeongRo Shopping Street. Nothing impressive there and the only thing I could really remember is that my boots was opening its ‘mouth’ when we visited the temple. And also the weather was very windy and we had to use heat pad to keep ourselves warm.

The next day we went to YongPyong Dragon Valley ski resort for our skiing~ it was FUN~~~~~~~ It was the first time I try skiing. Though it was quite hard to stop after skiing down slope but after practicing for sometime I could somehow control my movement. Though the weather was about 0degree yet we are perspiring due to the ‘intensive exercise’ we were having. Not the skiing part but climbing up to the higher part of the slope so that we can ski down. The weather turn colder at night (-2degree) when we went out for dinner.

The next morning before we left the ski resort, our very nice tour guide brought us to sit cable car up hill all the way to the winter sonata place where they took the cable car. That place was at an altitude of about 1400++m. The weather there was the coldest of all! It was snowing too. But it’s just simply beautiful. I really love that place a lot. All you can see was just white colour trees and ground. We took a lot of photos there and took cable car down to ski resort and left the place.

After which we went to Decksan Spa Castle. This was the first time where I have to be naked for spa session! Some of the girls in our tour group got culture shock when they saw naked women walking around in the changing room and decided to leave the place. But I was ok and just quickly took my clothes off and bathed and then spa~ it was quite an experience for me I guess and I enjoyed my spa session. And perhaps is due to the better blood circulation after the spa session, I felt more tired at night during bedtime.

After breakfast at hotel the next morning, we went to Yongin Everland. Many have warned me about the cold and windy weather there and thus we wore more and thicker clothes on that day. And who knows I ended up perspiring and had to take off one layer of clothings. As I was a timid person (if you know me well), I did not dare to take all the scary and adventurous ride. ( I think lub lub will love that place and may take all the rides.. haha ) So we just went around taking photos. After which we went to watch a Korean performance. The first half of the show was quite boring coz other than hitting the drum there was no1 talking at all. However the second half of the show was more interesting when they start to perform and even asked some audience to join them.

As we all know, Korea is famous for kimchi and ginseng. Thus we also went to try out kimchi making. After which we got the chance to try out Korean traditional costume and took photos. We also went to some ginseng showroom and cordyceps showroom where some tour mates bought their products. We also visited the Amethyst factory. The purple gemstones can help to block away all the evils and bad things coming our way. And thus I bought a pair of earrings for mummy and one for myself.

Our tour guide also brought us to the face shop where I bought a lot of skincare worth $200000++ won!!!!! And what was scary was that everyone who was in the shop was just sweeping everything they saw into the basket in their hands. It is as if everything is FREE though the things there are abt 1/3 of the price in SG. And I was just one of them too. Haha. We also went to Dongdaemun Market where we did not manage to buy anything. And we conclude that it was not a good place to shop, at least for us. Shinchi ladies market and Myongdong were better place to shop where we bought quite some things. Too bad we did not have enough time to walk the whole place.

Lotteworld Adventure was another place that we visited. As we went there in the evening and it was a Friday, thus it was very crowded and we didn’t manage to take all 3 rides. We only took the monorail which we could have the view of the whole Lotteworld. We also took a lot of photos at this beautiful indoor and outdoor theme park.

During the last day at Korea, we went to Piccosa street which was the filming site for ‘Coffee Prince’. HX who has watched the show said that the place was not as nice as what was shown on TV. At the local product shop, I bought a lot a lot of food for my family and also lub lub family.

Overall, it is a happy and enjoyable holiday. Although I spent about 3.7k in total for package, cosmetics, skincare, amethyst jewelry, local products, photos, meals, shopping… it is quite a lot of money I would say, but I think it’s all worth it!

If I have the money and the chance, I would love to go back to Korea again. Maybe during autumn. =)

No comments: