Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Unclear Direction in Life

Feeling low morale nowadays.

Talked to my mum abt the changes. She said that if it’s too tough, and I dun like it, then just take my leave.

Talked to my lubby and he said he will support me no matter wat.

I’m very glad that I have supportive love ones ard me. Really. I really appreciate all these. I’m very touched that I have my love ones there for me even when I’m feeling down. Though I may be hot temper, though I may not spend much time at home, but my mummy is still supportive. She said that she has been out of the working society for too long and dun understand all these. But it’s gd enuff that she lent me her listening ears.

Will know the changes officially later in the afternoon. Heard a lot of different rumours abt it and I’ve been telling myself not to believe til the meeting. But I’m already affected by all the rumours.

Suddenly, I asked myself, is it time for a change?

Maybe I should start rethinking abt the direction in my life. I’m not resisting to changes, coz we should get out of our comfort zone and expose ourselves to other things in life.

Though I really do love my job. And I’m really happy that my first job is a gd one. And I haf been enjoying my work for the past 2 years. But with the new changes, things seem to be a different from what I been enjoying.

I told myself to take the challenge and see if I’m ok with it before making a decision.

But suddenly, I remembered what I’ve wanted to do when I was still in uni. I wanted to be a journalist. But now, I dun think I still want that. The working time is too unstable for me. I dun really fancy that type of working duration and timing. And I think my Chinese has become rusty overtime already.

Then suddenly I think of mediacorp. Yes, somewhere that I’ve been trying to get into when I was looking for job. But there were some prob with the online system and my resume can nv be posted and thus nv be able to get any job interview. Maybe it’s time for me to retry. I’ve always wanted to know how mediacorp work. Maybe to organise events, concerts etc. But seriously speaking, I dunno what are the positions available there though. Have to go take a look first.

Then I tot of kids. I love kids. But what are the job out there that are related to kids? That I can interact and play with them everyday? Childcare teacher? But I dun even haf the cert and I even haf difficulty attending the course coz of the timing etc and my job nature.

Then I remember how much I wanna do voiceover. I will always imagine how it will be like if I can do voiceover for TV advertisement etc. That’s like one of my dream too. But I dun even noe how to go about finding such lobang.

Then sumhow my direction in life seem to be a bit blur. I’ve been to comfortable in my current job for the past 2 years that I din really go think abt what I really want and if this is really a job that I wanna stick with.

Maybe it is time to explore?

3 comments:

Willynn Ng said...

Follow yr heart. Afterall, it sucks to do something tht u hate. (:

17may said...

there's no perfect job in this world with all the perks we are looking for... like i can never be a full pledge SW if i dun get low pay, teacher w/o doing admin stuffs, etc.
Give it a try.. really dun like it den take ur leave=)

Soh Hong Wei said...

You need a holiday.. to 'recharge'! =)