Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Not Easy

It is not easy to get integrated into a new group of people.

Especially when that group of people is so closed with many years of relationship.

Of coz I cant blame anyone but sumtimes I just feel sad abt it.

It really feels nice when people treat u as part of them. Ask u to join them for lunch everyday. Ask u to go out shop every once in a while. Involve u in their activities and outings.

Basically u feel u haf lots of frens. U dun feel lonely.

That was how I felt before I left my previous work place.

In my new workplace, I’m seated far away from my team, therefore lowering the chances of interaction with them.

I do not really know what is happening over that side. I do not wanna appear to be so free and walk around and kpo around. Thus the only interaction time is lunch.

Sumtimes I feel extra, especially when I am not able to participate in their conversation or activities. Especially when I dun understand what they were talking abt, the things tat happened in the past. The connection of past happenings to current issues.

It is not easy.

I guess all these need time.

I hope not too long.

2 comments:

CharleneXue said...

Eh Hello I used to be sitting somewhere further than ur current place okay! HAHAHA! the pt is..even when i sit very close to them...I get lost in the conversation too LOL!!!

Ming Fung said...

Would like to share my view:
I guess u will need to put in some "accidental" effort for it. Properly a soft skill to learn and master it as u progress :-)

U are right, need time but also appropriate action / initiative. I am sure u have enough topics to share it with them too. Being in a team and knowing individuals is not kpo but official stuff. Things get done through people.