Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, March 26, 2010

Exercise

I used to exercise much more than now.. swim during lunch hour, gym during lunch hour, jogging after work, badminton, cycling... almost at least 3 times per wk. But ever since I joined my current workplace, I hardly exercise. Because there was no WAH anymore.. and because by the time I reached home after work, it's already so late and I'm already so tired and hungry.

Excuses.

Anyway, whateva happened today proved that my stamina has dropped and it's time to go back to my regular exercise lifestyle before I grow fatter and fatter as days go by...

I joined the vertical challenge at my workplace today. Climbing stairs. It SHOULDN'T have been any problem for me. I can easily climb up 16 storeies to my hse, even with big bags or in heels. BUT, I actually didn't feel well at all after climbing 8 storeies today! -_-'' I really couldn't believe it that I almost vomitted and felt couldn't breathe after the mini challenge. What is happening to me? I just climbed 16 storeies the other day and I was alright! And I think I know the reason behind it. It was a challenge, I was teamed up with my colleague, and we 'ran' up the stairs.. I hate it when I have to exercise according to other people's pace. That makes me feel really really uncomfortable after the exercise. If I can do the exercise according to my own pace, I wouldn't feel unwell at all after the exercise.

That is why I would prefer to do exercise such as jogging on my own. So that I can take my time to jog, so that I dun haf to follow other's pace, so that I wun feel like shit after the exercise.

In any case, I'm going to hit the gym soon as I've gotten myself a pair of new running shoes (old one spoiling already).

1 comment:

(T) (H) (B) said...

Exercise requires stamina to build up overtime. DOn't be too harsh on yourself. Hope u are feeling beter. :)